Budget / EC contribution
147.340 Euros / 128.038 Euros
- One (1) GIS centre established within the department for urbanism, communal housing affairs and environmental protection
- GIS software and IT technical equipment provided and in usage
- One (1) GIS Development Strategy prepared and adopted by Municipal Assembly
- One (1) GIS data base created
- EU technical expertise and consultancy on GIS operation provided to thirty (30) municipal and Public Utility Companies management and technical personnel and applied into the practice
- One thousand (1000) of brochures / promotional material on GIS system and centre established developed and distributed
- Promotion of the GIS centre establishment along with benefits publicly presented – one (1) public campaign conducted
The population of Bujanovac municipality – 43,302 inhabitants including business community representatives (795 companies and 574 entrepreneurs).
The Municipality of Odense / Denmark
Citizens Association “Initiatives”, Prokuplje / Republic of Serbia
The proposed action aims at strengthening capacities of Bujanovac local administration and public utility companies in reaching the EU standards, efficient public services provision and fair local budget generating. Precisely, the Bujanovac personnel need an opportunity for acquainting knowledge on EU best practices and standards in sustainable urban/spatial planning and management. Given the opportunity of the Exchange 3 Programme, Bujanovac municipality is implementing this action in order to establish GIS system, along with key elements offered for its further development, strategy implementation and improvement of quality services provision. All this will be followed by series of trainings, technical expertise and experience exchange including provision of GIS software and IT equipment.
The main goal of the project is to build and strengthen capacities of the municipal and public managerial and technical personnel in applying new method for the sustainable urban and spatial planning and management.
1. Introduction of the Geographic Information System and development of the GIS implementation strategy
2. Improve quality and efficiency of daily work of municipal and public utilities’ personnel through capacity building on individual and group basis;