Budget / EC contribution
150.780 EUR /135. 570 EUR
1. Increased knowledge of the City Administration staff in charge of the system maintenance and updating of data bases,
2. Increased knowledge of the staff in PI/PUCs/Public agencies about updating GIS data bases using appropriate software,
3. Upgraded spatial and technical conditions for training in GIS and work
4. Introduced administrative procedures in the City of Pancevo required for coordinated development and regular updating of GIS
5. Established Pancevo environmental data base in GIS
6. Improved recognition of and access to GIS information for various target groups
Business operators/entrepreneurs/ppotential investors, employees in the health care institutions and OCSs /employees in regional and central public institutions in charge of local governance, town planning, spatial and construction works, sustainable development, health and environmental protection / citizens of Pancevo
City of Sabac
The project “Upgrading of GIS in Pancevo” will enable the City of Pancevo
to upgrade the existing GIS and will help all target groups to gain the
knowledge as well as the habit of regular using and updating of GIS
databases (employees in IT department, Secretariat for environmental
protection, town planning, construction and housing - of the City
administration, as well as those employed in other public companies,
Institutions and agencies in possession of GIS-related information).
Establishing of the environmental data base in GIS will help the LED
department and the Secretariat for environmental protection, town
planning, construction and housing - to provide information to potential
investors and to carry out the impact studies and analysis faster, thus
Upgrading their public service.
Strengthening of the capacity of the City of Pancevo for stimulation of development through upgrading GIS and its use and ensuring wider availability of spatially referenced data.
Specific objectives are:
1) Raising of the capacities and knowledge of the employees in the local government and local public institutions and companies for independent maintenance and updating of the GIS data,
2) Creating an ecology data base for Pancevo in GIS,
3) Raising general awareness of GIS importance,
4) Creating conditions for wider use of GIS through easier access to data for an increased number of GIS users (employees in public institutions, potential investors, entrepreneurs, citizens in general).