Total budget of programme / project
Budget / EC contribution
2010. Sep - 2011. Sep
- Increased capacities of 8 local authorities to attract inward investments
- Intensively promoted tourism offers leading to higher number of visitors
- Regional and cross border connections strengthened as a step toward creation of common tourist offer
- Increased competitiveness of 8 local tourist organizations
- All entities which are involved in tourism (agencies, hotels, restaurants, hunting associations, NGO etc) - at least 250 of them
- Potential investors
Citizens of the region (265.000)
Municipality of Sokobanja, Serbia, Belogradchik Municipality - Bulgaria, Regional Development Agency for Eastern Serbia – RARIS, Serbia
Summary of the project
Project is focused to the Eastern Serbia region. Despite all these positive elements, there are number of key issues facing the region as a whole, including:
- Overall the region is lagging behind the rest of Serbia, with a large development gap when comparing the region with Serbia as a whole, or with other regions in Serbia.
- There are limited employment opportunities and a dominance of businesses in traditional economic sectors that have suffered from underinvestment in recent years.
- There is an under-developed support infrastructure, including limited business support resources and few educational institutions, to effectively support the growth of the economy.
This proposal will seek to address some of these weaknesses and contribute to the development of an international profile leading to increased investment in tourism and growth of local tourist businesses and the economy as whole.
The overall objective of this proposal is to:
Increase the expertise and knowledge within local authorities of Eastern Serbia to support tourism development.
The specific objectives are:
- To provide support to local authorities of Eastern Serbia for attracting investments in tourism.
- To support tourism development and internationalization, in Eastern Serbia
To promote tourist potentials and offers of the Eastern Serbia.