The overall impact of the Project support will be measured by:
- Capacity of Beneficiaries enhanced to develop and implement competitiveness building actions;
- Serbian clusters active in innovation and demonstrating improving competitiveness through the enhanced business performance of SMEs benefiting from clustering activities, including growth of exports;
Serbian SMEs achieving recognition by MNCs as potential suppliers and becoming integrated into supply chains, including growth of exports.
Ministry of Economy & Regional Development, National Agency for Regional Development, Serbian Investment & Export Promotion Agency, Serbian Chamber of Commerce, Deputy PM's Office for EU Integration
National Agency for Regional development network offices located in the following towns in Serbia:
Regional Chambers of Commerce in Kragujevac and Nis.
The project Support to Enterprise, Competitiveness and Export Promotion (SECEP) is designed to aid Serbian companies achieve better levels of business through improved competitiveness. This it will do through cluster development and supply chain development.
Under the cluster development component, six clusters have been selected and provided with support in the development and implementation of actions plans – or cluster "road-maps" - leading to the achievement of short to long-term goals.
Under the supplier development component, SECEP is working with a group of 50 SMEs, selected from a larger group of 80, which are being provided with enterprise improvement assistance from teams of international and local experts to enhance their performance to make them attractive to larger companies in international and local supply chains. SECEP is also organizing B2B events known as Meet-the-Buyer at which SMEs meet with large buyers looking for potential suppliers.
Under its internationalization component, SECEP is working with clusters and SMEs to integrate them into international business through business networks and participation in international projects.
SECEP's TA is delivered in close cooperation with its main beneficiaries and business support organizations, mainly Regional Development Agencies and regional chambers of commerce, thus helping to build the capacity of these organizations.
The clusters cover a number of business sectors: ICT, Packaging, Electronics, Automotive components, Metalworking, Furniture, Apparel, Agribusiness.
SECEP’s overall objective is to support the development of a market economy and socio-economic cohesion in Serbia by improving the international competitiveness and export performance of SMEs. The Project aims to this through a number of interlocking components including:
- Development of Project's beneficiaries capacity to launch initiatives to build industry competitiveness, namely:
- Clustering as a tool for improving SMEs business performance and competitiveness; and;
- Supplier development to improve Serbian SMEs potential for integrating into global supply chains and developing B2B relations with MNCs, thereby boosting exporting activities.
The Project's has a number of specific goals with respect to Beneficiaries and target groups, the main ones being:
- Adoption of Government policies and programmes leading to improvements in enterprise competitiveness, and their implementation by Beneficiaries and partner institution;
- Delivery of support to 6 priority industry clusters and no less than 60 SMEs, in collaboration with at least 20 business support organizations;
- Evaluation of 80 SMEs selected from a public call targeting 5 sectors (metalworking, automotive components, ICT & electronics, packaging) and subsequent delivery of mentoring to 50 of these, to achieve improvements enhancing their prospects of becoming suppliers to larger companies and Multinational Companies (MNCs).
- Organization of 4 Meet-the-Buyer events to facilitate contacts between a minimum of 15 MNCs and prospective Serbian suppliers;
Internationalization support to business through the formation of National Clusters and Exporters networks respectively, and integration of these networks into international networks.