We expect implementation of the project activities to:
1. Make the members of CSO dealing with the issues of the elderly, PWD and the women, familiar with the position of the elderly in residential care and empowered to recognize and act if their human rights are endangered.
2. Establish dialog with the institutions in charge and decision makers both on national and local level; they are familiar with the status of the human rights of the elderly in residential care and directions for improving it.
3. Increase protection of the human rights of the elderly in residential care
The beneficiaries are the elderly in general and/or their guardians, employees in nursing homes, the activists of civil society organizations (CSOs) and decision makers on all levels
Autonomous Women’s Center is the direct Partner on the Project and Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction Unit (SIPRU) is associate
Primarly, those are CSOs from the cluster for the elderly, cluster for the persons with disability (PWD) and women; then the elderly in residential care and/or their guardians; then the staff working with/for the elderly (in residential care), dec
Overall objective of this Project is to contribute to strengthening the role of civil society in promoting and protection of the human rights of the elderly in residential care in Serbia
1. Increased sensitivity of CSO dealing with the elderly issues, PWD and women as well as general public for human rights of the elderly in residential care (nursing homes), by promoting international standards and experience exchange.
2. Improved mechanisms for human rights protection of the elderly in residential care, by advocating and CSO dialog with the representatives of both national and local institutions, in connection to revision of current legal frame in accordance to EU and UN standards and EU Council recommendations.
3. Improved monitoring system for monitoring of human rights of the elderly in residential care, through local informal CSO networks, which are going to carry out monitoring of rights’ exercising and to react in cases of obstructions
Association of Citizens – Amity (Udruženje građana „Snaga prijateljstva“ – Amity)
1/12, Pariske komune Street, 11070 Novi Beograd, Belgrade, Serbia
Nadežda Satarić, MA