EU contribution 50.000 Euros
Co-financing – 2.911 Euros (implementing organisation contribution)
1. Members of the parliament sensitized to the concept of PWD rights and procedure and MPs supporters to the idea of establishment of a Parliamentary Caucus on Disability;
2. Influence and participation in the revision and creation of new legislation in accordance with disability prospective, including economic empowerment, increased and capacities of DPOs to influence the process expanded;
3. Issue-based dialogue between the representatives of the local DPOs and local authorities in three municipalities supported and best practice examples of political participation of PWD focusing on social inclusion shared.
Members of the parliament, political parties, DPOs, persons with disabilities
Associates: National Democratic Institute – NDI, International organization: Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction Unit (SIPRU), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister for European Integration Government of Serbia: CSO “Group 484”, Non-governmental organization
Members of the parliament, political parties, Disabled People’s Organisations (DPO)s – final beneficiaries Persons with disabilities
Increase political participation of persons with disabilities (PWD) and strengthen the role of disabled people’s organizations (DPOs) in policy development.
1. Sensitize the members of the new Parliament on the concept of PWD rights and explore the possibilities of establishing the Parliamentary Caucus on Disability
2. Increase participation and influence of PWD on revision and creation of new legislation from disability prospective with particular emphases on economic empowerment of PWD;
3. Promote political participation of PWD and support the issue-based dialogue between DPOs and local political parties in three non-developed municipalities in order to promote PWD rights and their political participation
Center for Independent Living Serbia , contact person Mimica Zivadinovic, firstname.lastname@example.org, 064 163 5667, 011 367 5317
National organisation of organisations of disabled people, contact person Ivanka Jovanovic, email@example.com, 011 2414-328