Total budget of programme / project
2009. Sep - 2012. Sep
River Information Services (RIS) on Danube River and Sava River should:
- Enhance the traffic safety by monitoring and managing the traffic on the Danube and Sava waterways;
- Optimize utilization of the Danube and Sava waterways;
- Establish manageability of the traffic on the Danube and Sava by providing the possibility of giving navigational / directional aids to the traffic;
- Enable the authorities to manage and plan the traffic operation and strategy;
- Enable quick and timely response in the event of an accident or similar;
- Improve safety, manageability and esp. timely response in any incident which involves hazardous cargo;
- Ensure compliance with the International Border Management Strategy and other existing RIS in the region.
Directorate for Inland Waterways - PLOVPUT
SELEX Sistemi Integrati S.p.A. in consortium with Tresco cvba and PERISKAL doo
Summary of the project
The whole project consists of three separate contracts for supply of equipment, implementation and supervision of the implementation. The purpose of the contract for implementation is to develop, install and integrate the RIS system for operations and usage by the Beneficiaries. The contract includes the training of the users and the administrators as well as the initial system operation support.
Overall objective of River Information Services (RIS) on Danube River and Sava River is to improve the inland water way transport system on Euro Corridor VII (Danube) in Serbia and Sava River