CIVIL SOCIETY FACILITY PROGRAMME 2011 Theme 1: Strengthening the Rule of Law
Total budget of programme / project
2012. Nov - 2014. Feb
- The platform for networking of CSOs at local/regional level was established - through three training sessions, 15 CSOs are empowered for monitoring and advocacy in decent work and corruption.
- 25 representatives of local government bodies and institutions from Kraljevo, Krusevac and Jagodina improved their knowledge to fight against corruption and foster decent work.
- Three round tables in Krusevac, Kraljevo and Jagodina gathered more than 60 local/regional stakeholders - they were encouraged to provide more responsibly and efficiently anti-corruption practices in their communities relevant to decent work.
- Research results publicised under the title “Stop Corruption that Threatens Decent Work” and presented publicly in Belgrade and other three cities.
- "Recommendations for Prevention of Corruption in the area of labour and employment (socio-economic and legal aspects)" was created.
Summary of the project
The project aims to strengthen anti-corruption efforts in the domain of socio-economic rights and rights to decent work. It fosters the participation of CSOs in policy making and monitoring of the implementation of strategies and laws. Project activities include a survey on decent work and corruption; monitoring of decent work fulfillment, training and coaching of local CSOs and local councils, and an awareness raising campaign.
The overall objective of the project was to enhance the rule of law and fighting against corruption in the domain of socio-economic rights and decent work through fostering more active participation of the CSOs in policy making and monitoring of fulfilment of strategies and laws, and through enhancing cooperation of CSOs with key actors.