CIVIL SOCIETY FACILITY PROGRAMME 2011 Theme 1: Strengthening the Rule of Law
Total budget of programme / project
2012. Nov - 2014. May
- CSOs, media, grassroots groups and general public provided with an online “one stop shop” on relevant budgetary issues - web platform www.voditeracuna.rs have been published on-line.
- Capacities of CSOs built to the extent that they can perform budget monitoring activities, thus their role of safeguards of transparency, accountability and integrity and of anticorruption watchdogs strengthened;
- Citizens provided with a service for participation in budgetary processes - the process of informing and educating citizens showed that citizens do have strong urge to participate in the issues that affect their everyday life, but lack the means to do it and the deeper understanding of the system as a whole;
- Media provided with source of information on corruption issues and general public with insight into the current practices of governing the public finances;
- Authorities provided with a model for citizens budget and model for reporting on budget execution.
Citizens of Republic of Serbia
Summary of the project
The goal of the action is to provide civil society with tools that let them engage in informed public debate on budgetary issues, but also to mobilize them to complement each other’s efforts, exchange experiences and ideas, and brainstorm for new initiatives and actions towards greater government accountability at national and local level. This facilitates an effective dialogue on public finances between the civil society and the government.
Overall objective of the action was to enhance the rule of law and good governance through strengthening the monitoring role of civil society, thus creating the environment for government accountability, fiscal transparency and participatory system of public finances.