CIVIL SOCIETY FACILITY PROGRAMME 2013 Theme 1: Fight against corruption
Total budget of programme / project
2014. Nov - 2016. May
- Two-part “Analysis of staff recruitment procedures in public administration and practice in other countries” developed and published;
- Assessment methodology for evaluating procedure transparency (“Matrix”) and development of “Study of transparency of procedures for staff recruitment in public administration 2009-14” created;
- Analysis of economic effects of corruption to public administration recruitment procedures drafted;
- Policy paper on improving transparency of procedures in public administration recruitment drafted;
- Capacities built of 10 CSOs for undertaking more efficiently the fight against corruption - 10 CSOs from the 10 targeted towns (Belgrade, Jagodina, Vranje, Zaječar, Niš, Kragujevac, Valjevo, Čačak, Sombor, Novi Sad) will be identified and their representatives will be trained to undertake actions against corruption in recruitment procedures in public administration, thereby raising their capacities for starting the initiatives in the future.
- Awareness raised at the national and local level.
Citizens of the RS and 10 selected municipalities/towns.
1. Public Administration and Local Government Center (RS)
2. BIRN (RS)
Summary of the project
The project is increasing the effectiveness of Serbian CSOs in undertaking initiatives focused on the fight against corruption in the public administration recruitment process, and empowering citizens to actively participate in the promotion of transparency, openness and accountability of the public administration in their staff recruitment procedures.
Overall objective of the project is to strengthen democratic values, structure and the rule of law by promoting more transparency, openness and accountability of public administration in staff recruitment procedures, thereby supporting the fight against corruption and Serbia`s EU integration process.