CIVIL SOCIETY FACILITY PROGRAMME 2013 Theme 2: Antidiscrimination
Total budget of programme / project
2014. Nov - 2016. May
- More effective, strategic and accountable leadership and management of 15 targeted schools in Western, Southern and Eastern Serbia working towards implementation of right to non-discrimination;
- Improved capacities of schools to monitor discrimination, policies and accountability structures, strategies for sustainability and advocacy related to inclusion of vulnerable groups of children;
- Schools as institutions recognize and accept their responsibility in monitoring and implementation of non-discriminatory measures;
- Decreased rate of drop-out of children from vulnerable groups children;
- Increased enrolment rate of children from most vulnerable groups in schools and communities where the project took place.
All children of targeted schools – cca.10000, all parents of children of targeted schools, Ministry of Education and 15 primary and secondary schools as institutions and communities of targeted schools.
1. Nexus Vranje (RS)
2. Open Club (RS)
Summary of the project
The project works with 450 teachers and school managements on building their capacities to apply non-discrimination policies, and supports 4500 children from vulnerable groups and other children of targeted schools to act as promoters of tolerance, non-discrimination and peaceful coexistence.
The overall objective of the project is to develop and apply non-discriminative practices and measures towards vulnerable groups of children in targeted primary and secondary schools in Serbia.