CIVIL SOCIETY FACILITY PROGRAMME 2012 Theme 2: Cultural Diversity
Total budget of programme / project
2013. Nov - 2014. Nov
- Comprehensive analysis in Serbian and English about the position of migrant population in local communities in Serbia conducted.
- Training program for the 6 cultural mediators developed and implemented based on the research conducted.
- Ten representatives of CSOs were selected for the training - as a result of the training, representatives of CSOs became more competent to represent migrants’ rights in front of local decision makers.
- Coordination meetings between relevant stakeholders in five communities were organized on regular basis during the action implementation. Five Local Intercultural Networks were established.
- Ten workshops for 537 asylum seekers/irregular migrants were organized
- Cultural Diversity Fairs were organized in five local communities.
- Documentary “Up the road” presenting asylum seekers’ experience.
Migrants (especially women and children); citizens from Bogovađa, Banja Koviljača, Subotica, Sremska Mitrovica and Šid; general public (reached through media campaign).
Summary of the project
The action aims to increase capacities of community-based CSOs to facilitate intercultural dialogue with the migrant population by promoting equality, cultural diversity and tolerance, and by developing effective models for addressing xenophobia and discrimination. Trainings and outreach activities are organized to allow for appropriate integration of migrants into local communities.
Overall objective of the project is to increase capacities of community based organizations to facilitate intercultural dialogue between migrant population in Serbia and local communities by promoting equality, cultural diversity and tolerance. Specific objective is to develop and pilot effective models for addressing xenophobia and discrimination within local communities.