CIVIL SOCIETY FACILITY PROGRAMME 2012 Theme 3: Capacity building at the local level
Total budget of programme / project
2013. Nov - 2014. Nov
- Strengthened dialogue between Association of Business Women in Serbia, local CSOs promoting women’s entrepreneurship and the Serbian Parliament – achieved through the planned panel discussions, quarterly economic analyses and public hearing.
- Integration of gender mainstreaming in policies and legislation related to local and national economic development. Policy Platform submitted by applicant and co-applicants is adopted through the Memorandum of understanding.
- Strengthened participation of a network of local associations of business women from diverse, underdeveloped regions in the North, East, West and South of Serbia in the field of local economic development Women entrepreneurs from 7 CSOs (Belgrade + 6 towns).
- Newly established or renewed business ties and cultural tolerance among women entrepreneurs from south Serbia and other parts of Serbia. Multi-ethnic participation of women entrepreneurs in road show presentation and roundtable in Bujanovac; Multi-ethnic participation of structured meeting for exchanging of entrepreneurial experiences in South Serbia.
- Enhanced public awareness of the relevance of gender mainstreaming in policies and legislation related to social and economic development. Relevant video materials of the project is available here.
Women entrepreneurs from the 7 regions where project activities take place, and ultimately the 83,490 women who are registered as company owners or co-owners in Serbia.
Summary of the project
The project aims to influence public policy makers in the area of women’s entrepreneurship and gender mainstreaming. It proposes new, sustainable mechanisms for a dialogue between the state administration and women’s CSOs, focused on economic empowerment. The project targets two levels of decision-making, including panel discussions in Parliamentary committees but also local authorities in South Serbia.
The project aims to influence public policies and policy makers in the area of women entrepreneurship and gender mainstreaming. It proposes new, sustainable mechanisms for a dialogue between state administration and women CSOs focused on economic empowerment. The project will target two levels of decision-making including panel discussions in Parliamentary committees but also local authorities in South Serbia. In addition to drafting policy recommendations for women’s e entrepreneurship, a series of activities in national Parliament will be conducted. Capacities of local organisations for implementation of advocacy and lobbying initiatives will be strengthened.