CIVIL SOCIETY FACILITY PROGRAMME 2013 Theme 3: Support to the Cooperation between Serbia and Kosovo
Total budget of programme / project
2014. Nov - 2016. Nov
- The action will improve capacities of 16 selected journalists from Serbia and Kosovo by advancing their knowledge and reporting skills, meeting their needs and offering them tools they can use after the project ceases.
- Networks of journalists from Serbia and Kosovo will be strengthened through 12 exchange visits of journalists, joint work on media reports and widening network of contacts.
- Citizens will benefit from professional reporting allowing them to understand prospects of cooperation between Serbia and Kosovo and contribute to increase of socioeconomic activities and intercultural dialogue at local level.
- At least 20 joint stories will be produced and promoted affecting daily life of citizens in Kosovo and Serbia.
- A Serbia-Kosovo news exchange service will provide the media and citizens with a minimum of 240 news items from Serbia and Kosovo.
Citizens of Serbia and Kosovo, young journalists and media participating the project.
News Agency Kosova Live (XK)
Summary of the project
The project contributes to a better flow of information between Serbia and Kosovo, strengthening the journalist exchange program. Through the training and exchange activities, 24 journalists from 10 media from Kosovo and Serbia are creating 24 joint investigative stories, developing a web portal in two languages, and organizing 4 round tables in Belgrade and Pristina.
The project will contribute to a better flow of information between Serbia and Kosovo, by the continuation and strengthening of the journalist exchange program. Through the training and exchange activities, 24 journalists from 10 media from Kosovo and Serbia will be involved in the project. They will create 24 joint investigative stories, develop a web portal in two languages, and organise 4 round tables in Belgrade and Pristina. Also, a list of conclusions and suggestions that contribute to better cooperation between Serbia and Kosovo will be drafted.