Budget / EC contribution
1. Improvement the current situation of target groups;
2. Improvement of technical and managerial capacity of target groups;
3. Improvement in local economic development
Municipality of Koceljeva
1. Municipality of Ub, Serbia
2. Regional Centre for development of Small and Medium size Enterprises Krusevac, Serbia
The Muncipality of Koceljeva aims to adjust the records of all data in the field of urban planning, cadastre, property-legal relations, economy and utility activities according to EU standards, for what is the implementation of information systems, particularly GIS, basic requirement. The existence of such a system will enable transparent work better coordination between public services and thus will reduce opportunities for the appearance of corruption in public service, because the procedures for resolving claims of citizens will be more efficient and less dependent on human factors.
To achieve the objectives of Koceljeva more liveable and of international standard, a co-coordinated and integrated approach among the various agencies involved in urban development and provision of services are needed including participatory process in planning and implementation at local body levels. As well as to have planned and organized disposal of population through growth centers, which will acts as counter-magnets to the cities growth. This growth may not able to withstand the existing infrastructure, traffic, road, drainage and utility networks etc. Advance urban planning is required for a planned development of the area for which an accurate & up-to-date GIS digital map is a must.
To solve this problem, well planned master plans GIS maps are required for proper town planning.
- Better management of the municipality and thus better and cheaper services for citizens and businesses;
- Creation of possibilities for precise long-term planning in various fields
- Better urban planning that will enable faster and cheaper infrastructure
- Faster resolution of claims of citizens connected to urban improvements and related utilities;
- Better management of existing resources in order to obtain savings and prevent the occurrence of damages to the natural environment (saving natural resources, better planning);
- Preparation of personnel for accurate, updated and timely information of citizens on public data;
- The reorganization of local government in order to improve internal collaboration and cooperation with public enterprises and institutions;
- Promoting cooperation between local governments, regional and republican authorities
1.Improving the administration operation in Koceljeva self-government unit through the development of GIS-based information systems module;
2.Increasing the capacity of local government by building information infrastructure that will enable the achievement of EU standards in the planning and management of municipality;
3. Transfer of knowledge from partner municipality Ub, in the application of GIS, as well as in the field work methodology and in solving the problems of citizens.