Budget / EC contribution
305.090,00 EUR / 259.326,50 EUR
1. Improved knowledge and understanding of Geographic Information System
2. Created Institutional framework for GIS development
3. Defined platform for future GIS development
4. Improved partners technical capabilities
5. Established GIS
6. Developed capacities of GIS local stuff
7. Developed basic GIS and special data base
8. Industrial zone development and utilization analysis.
9. Database and Pilot application development to support Industrial zone control
10. The Interactive maps of Industrial zone and City map are developed and operational
11. The citizens informed about project activities and results
City of Kragujevac
Establishment of GIS and definition of GIS development concept, that will create the GIS network between public institutions, will significantly improve efficiency and effectiveness of the work of city administration and public institutions’ work by introduction of less time consuming procedures and decrease pressure on public servants at local institutions.
Implementation of an operational web –oriented GIS open to a certain level of external use will create permanent and centralize valuable databases and a system that will further serve to target groups as a cornerstone for planning, management, decision making and use of space and infrastructure. The project is designed to allow instant access to all interested parties through the Internet and Extranet network client-server architecture.
Introduction of GIS in the work of city services will allow more efficient and transparent service and increased participation in the affairs of common interest of the community to citizens and improved communications and exchange of information and simplified building permits procedures to investors.
All this will be achieved by procurement of necessary equipment and trainings for GIS system users.
The main goal of the project is to increase capacities of local self-government in service delivery and City territory attractiveness for investments.
Also, through establishment of GIS and definition of GIS development concept, that will create the GIS network between public institutions, it will significantly improve efficiency and effectiveness of its work, and it will establish less time consuming procedures and decrease pressure on public servants at local institutions. The procedures and institutional framework will establish a completely new concept of gathering /sharing data, decision making process and responsibilities of the employees regarding their duties.
To increase efficiency and effectiveness of Local self-government through establishment of new institutional procedures and technical capacities and introduction of GIS by: