CIVIL SOCIETY FACILITY PROGRAMME 2011 Theme 2: Civic and capacity building initiatives
Total budget of programme / project
2012. Nov - 2013. Nov
- Formalization and professionalization of grass-root organizations devoted to women’s economic development in South, Southwest, Western and Central Serbia;
- Strengthened cooperation among local associations of business women, among each other and with national Association of Business Women in Serbia;
- Increased awareness among local leaders on the contribution of women entrepreneurs in the local economic development in their communities;
- Improved capacity of local associations of business women to attract new members and offer them appropriate services;
- Creation of more gender sensitive local development plans.
Local associations of business women throughout Serbia, women from smaller towns and villages in the 6 regions served by the project anf women employed within the public sector for more gender sensitive policy making.
- Association of Female Entrepreneurship “Nadezda Petrovic”, Cacak
- Business Women Association Nis
- Association of Business Women “EVE”, Valjevo
Summary of the project
The goal of this project is active participation of the female business population in the creation of local economic policy in underdeveloped areas of Serbia This is achieved through the formalization and professionalization of grassroots organizations devoted to women’s economic development; helping local leaders recognize the contribution of women entrepreneurs; and the creation of more gender-sensitive local development plans.
Overall objective of the project was to boost active participation of the female business population in the creation of local economic policy in less developed areas of Serbia through the promotion of issues related to entrepreneurship and self-employment, as well as with the cooperation of similar minded business women at the national level.