CIVIL SOCIETY FACILITY PROGRAMME 2013 Theme 1: Fight against corruption
Total budget of programme / project
2014. Nov - 2016. Mar
- Monitoring of the implementation of the National Strategy for Fighting Corruption and related Action Plan conducted and report representing main findings and recommendations publicized;
- Local actions plans for fighting corruption and procedures related to employment in local administration/public companies are monitored and reported;
- Cooperation among CSOs and independent institutions, local governments and other stakeholders is upgraded;
- Awareness on damaging consequences of political employment is raised in the society and public support for fighting corruption is increased.
CSOs, citizens, national and public administration and independent institutions.
1. BCHR (RS);
2. Initiative for Local Development (RS)
Summary of the project
The project aims to increase the role of CSOs in addressing the issues of corruption and contribute to a more efficient fight against corruption, the development of an anti-corruptive culture, and to a more transparent and open public administration and public sector in general.
This project focuses on the unsatisfactory legal framework and lack of objective criteria for employment and career management in the public sector, which makes the public sector in Serbia vulnerable to corruptive practices and the so-called “political employment”, which altogether diminishes the credibility of the public administration and of public companies, and of institutions in general.